Office Girl booking a customers car in for repairs and service
Call The Team Now!

Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Brisbane Book a Mobile Roadworthy Certificate in Brisbane

Inspection on car for Mobile Road Worthy Certificate Team Auto is your local Brisbane choice for a Roadworthy Certificate.

We come to your home or work covering all Brisbane suburbs from Caboolture on the Northside to Beenleigh on Brisbanes Southside and anywhere in between.

We carry "Dealer Plates" allowing us to roadtest your unregisted vehicle.

If for some reason your car fails it's first RWC inspection your re-inspection is totally FREE ! It doesn't get any better than that!

Cars - Trailers - Caravans

We are fully accredited with QLD Transport (AIS 10661) to issue Mobile Safety Certificates on
  • Cars
  • 4x4
  • Caravans
  • Trailers
  • Boat Trailers
  • Horse Floats

Inspection Certificates Online (ICO)

We are now doing Safety Certificates fully electronically online.

What does this mean for you ?

The new online system will automatically upload the inspection details to QLD Transport and do away with the old fashioned hand written report. You will no longer have to display the certificate when selling a car!

The new system will streamline the complete Road Worthy process.

Once completed you will now recieve the Safety Certificate as a PDF file via email and we also print a copy for you.

How quick can I get a Mobile Inspection?

We operate a fast, efficient, same day service where possible but your best to book in early just in case.
We also work most Saturdays for your convenience.

What vehicles require a Road Worthy Check in QLD?

If you are buying, selling, transferring ownership or re-registering a vehicle in Queensland you will need a Safety Certificate.
  • cars
  • motorcyles
  • trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) of 750kg-3,500kg
  • any other vehicles up to 4,500kg gross vehicle mass (GVM)
The inspection covers the basics for the safe operation of the vehicle and confirms that it has passed a minimum safety standard inspection.

Basic items checked are:
  • brakes
  • body rust or damage
  • lights
  • tyres
  • steering
  • suspension
  • windscreen
If you are buying a used vehicle, you probably should also get a more comprehensive Pre-Purchase Inspection done which will cover most other items. Also check out our 4 handy links when buying or selling a car.

How long are Safety Certificates valid for in QLD ?

  • Motor Vehicle Dealers—certificates are valid for 3 months or 1,000km - whichever comes first
  • All other certificates are valid for 2 months or 2,000km - whichever comes first
You can use the same safety certificate to register an unregistered vehicle and then transfer the registration, as long as you do this within the limits set out above.

Every time you sell a registered vehicle in QLD you need a new Roadworthy Certificate
A single safety certificate can be used for 1 transfer only.

Selling a vehicle without a Safety Certificate

Vehicles that are unregistered or are traded to, or between, licensed motor dealers do not need a safety certificate. Vehicles can still be sold for parts but they must be de-registered with the plates removed before being offered for sale.

Free QLD Registration Status

Don't let your registration lapse. Check its status using the FREE link above. With the absence of registration stickers it is very easy to overlook. QLD Transport can now detect unregistered vehicles using fixed camera's around our roads and in there patrol cars. If you are caught you will get an $800 fine and have to go through the process of re registering your vehicle including getting a new Roadworthy Certificate.

PPSR Check

When buying a used vehicle as well as getting a Pre-Purchase Car Inspection, it is extremely important to also do a PPSR check. This will check its "Written off status", any "Encumbrances"(money owing) and whether it's ever been stolen. The above link costs about $3.50 and will tell you the basics that you need.

Vehicle Transfer Registration Form F3520

Buying or selling a registered vehicle you will need to complete the above Transfer Registration form.

New Vehicle Registration Form F3518

If you have an unregistered vehicle then to register it you will need to fill out the above form.